Last updated: 5 June 2020
What's a cookie?
Cookies are small text files generated by the website you're viewing. They allow the website to store information as you browse. Web cookies contain data that can be used to make your browsing experience better.
Cookies are safe for your computer. They only store information used by your browser. They can't access any other content on your computer, nor do they create malware or viruses.
Well we don't eat them...
To help navigate around our website and use its features
- Logging in: cookies remember that you're logged in to your Cuckoo Account.
- Regsiter for early access: they remember information you give us, like your postcode, so we can see if we can suplly to you.
- Get referral rewards: they remember if you or your friend came through a referral link so you can both receive the right reward.
To help customise how the website works for you
- Preferences: cookies remember your preferences such as the language you use.
- Website optimisation: we use tools to test different web designs by showing you a version of our website that is different to everyone else's, so we can see which is best. This is called A/B testing.
- Chat: we use Twilio to allow you to continue the same chat conversation even if you come back at a later date.
To help spot problems and improve the experience of our website and App
- Web Analytics: we use programs like Google Analytics to help us find out how many people visit our websites, where they came from, what devices they used, which pages they visited, and what information they are searching for.
- Help articles: we use Zendesk to help us to analyse what our customers are searching for in the Help Centre, and whether the articles we have are useful.
- Record web sessions: tools like Hotjar allow us to view your web session in real-time. By replaying your journey through our website, it helps us see the website through your eyes and helps our tech team find and fix errors and improve the usability of the website.
To help deliver advertising
- Advertising performance: we use technology like Doubleclick and Impact Radius to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to tailor our ads so that they're more relevant to you.
- Retargeting: we share with platforms like Facebook and Google which pages you've visited on our website. So for example, if you've recently logged into your Cuckoo Account we won't show you any "Join Cuckoo" ads, and instead share different content.
How do I turn off cookies?
Most browsers enable cookies by default, but you can delete or block cookies in your browser settings. You can also get in touch with some of the third parties we work with to adjust your cookie settings. The website aboutcookies.org gives helpful information about how you can delete or block cookies in different browsers. We are not responsible for the information on this website, but we're happy to recommend it. Blocking cookies will mean that parts of our website, and other websites you visit, may no longer function properly.
About this policy
When this Policy applies:
For the purposes of this Policy, "we", "us", "our" and "Cuckoo" means Cuckoo Internet Ltd and other companies in the same group.